Please read our terms and conditions carefully, a copy of which will be given to you to sign when you book with us at Handmade by Jane.
- If you would like to book Handmade by Jane, a non returnable deposit of 50% of the balance is payable on booking which secures your date with us.
- The full balance for your entire order will be payable on receipt of your first delivery of stationery. Any changes on final numbers for other ordered items will be settled once the order is complete.
- There is no minimum ordering quantity.
- All additional or forgotten items will be charged at the current price.
- The client should be aware that our products and packaging are not suitable for children.
As all stationery items are handmade the client accepts there will be slight variations between items. As Handmade by Jane stationery is made to order minor variations in colour, texture, size and positioning can occur and do not constitute a fault. Handmade by Jane cannot be held responsible for the natural aging of products nor be held responsible for how our products are handled by the postal system.
- We reserve the right to use any stationery we create to promote our products and services.
- Delivery is by overnight courier and deliveries will need to be signed for upon receipt. Delivery costs are paid for by the client. Whilst every care is taken to pack the order Handmade by Jane cannot be held liable for late delivery and loss or damage in transit. Responsibility for damage to or loss of goods shall pass to the customer at the time of accepting delivery.
- Since all work carried out is bespoke and personalised Handmade by Jane does not refund or replace unwanted goods. Please see the cancellation policy below. In the unlikely event of faulty goods Handmade by Jane should be notified immediately, no later than 3 working days from receipt of your stationery and the stationery should be returned to Handmade by Jane in the original packaging.
Upon inspection if the stationery is deemed to be faulty on the part of Handmadeby Jane the stationery will be corrected or replaced with the same. In the event that this is not possible Handmade by Jane reserves the right to offer an alternative or similar replacement.
In the unlikely event that Handmade by Jane cannot correct or replace the stationery Handmade by Jane will offer a refund for the faulty goods only if part of the order is faulty or a full refund if the whole order is faulty. Should the client choose to keep the faulty goods Handmade by Jane will refund 10% of the costs.
If upon inspection the stationery is deemed to be incorrect due to errors or omissions that were not spotted by the client during the proofing process Handmade by Jane is not liable, replacement stationery would be at our discretion and charges would be based upon the time taken and costs incurred by Handmade by Jane.
Handmade by Jane is not liable for the cost of additional work carried out (eg calligraphy) on faulty stationery.
- Stationery is made to order and lead times vary. The client will be advised of current lead times at the time of ordering. Express orders are accepted at our discretion and will incur a £75 fee or 10% of the order value whichever is greater. All times are approximate and subject to change.
- Handmade by Jane will provide the client with up to three rounds of proofs for approval before production. Proofs are emailed to the client as PDF files. It is the responsibility of the client to check proofs for printing. Amendments should be detailed clearly by email with reference to the proof by the file name. Upon proof approval Handmade by Jane will produce a hard copy proof which must be signed and returned before production can begin. Any alterations beyond final email approval will incur further charges based upon the time taken and costs incurred by Handmade by Jane.
The proofing process follows the same format for wedding invitations (see above) except a hard copy proof is not provided.
Please note Handmade by Jane is not responsible for any errors or omissions not found by the client at the proofing stage.
- Text should be typed clearly and emailed to Handmade by Jane. Please type in upper and lower case as required, regardless of your chosen typeface. Text not provided in this format will incur an administrative fee and may result in delays. Handmade by Jane is not responsible for any errors or omissions, spelling or otherwise in the text supplied by the client. Handmade by Jane will advise on text and wording for invitations where necessary.
- Cancellations made after the initial deposit has been paid and before the balance is due will incur the loss of the deposit.
- Cancellations made after the final balance is paid will incur a loss of 75% of the total balance.
- The 25% returnable deposit for loss or damage will be returned if final payment has been made as this is only to cover for loss or damage to our property.